Hair is the most prominent, attractive, versatile and a permanent accessory of a woman. It is an essential part of her personality and gives a frame to a her face. So it is necessary to recognize the merits of taking good care of hair. If one understands the hair structure, its characteristics, etc. it will be easier to take good care.
In our previous article Know about your Hair we discuss What is hair?
Layers and factors of hair growth.
Now we discuss
- kinds of hair.
- daily care of hair.
- characteristics of healthy hair.
- best things to promote the hair growth.
- things which should be avoided to keep our hair healthy and safe.
Kinds of hair:-
It has three kinds:
- Terminal : Terminal hairs are thick, long, and dark.
- Vellus : Vellus hair are short, fine, light-colored, and barely noticeable.
- Lanugo : Lanugo hair are fine and downy as a type of fur.
Characteristics of healthy hair:-
Most common characteristics of healthy hair are given below.
- Not too oily or rough.
- Having a shine.
- Capable of setting and styling.
Daily care of hair:-
In daily hair care routine cleansing is the foremost step. Proper cleansing encourages healthy hair growth and wash away excess oil from hair.
After cleansing, hair need the toning exercise which is achieved by gently massaging the head, massage stimulates the blood circulation.
The next most important step of daily care of hair after massage is conditioning. Conditioning routine depends entirely on the physical condition of the hair.
Best things to promote the hair growth:-
- Drink lots of water daily.
- Eat proper diet.
- Get proper Vitamins.
- If you must use heat, then always use a heat protectant to minimize damage.
- Keep your hair clean and always handle them with proper care.
- Give massage to your scalp on regular basis.
- Oil or moisturize your hair’s ends daily to help keep them safe from breaking as your hair grows.
- Do not braiding your hair too tightly.
- Do not vigorously rub your hair with a towel to dry it.
- Avoid heat from curling irons, hooded dryers, pressing combs, and blow dryers because these things cause damage to your hair.
- Avoid spritzed hair styles.
- Do not comb your hair in rough method because the wrong way of combing our hair can cause breakage. So be patient and gentle when combing your hair.