Sun is the main and natural source of light and energy. Sun is very important and we have many benefits of it but it also cause some harmful effects on our health and skin. Sun produce UV (ultraviolet rays). There are two types of UV rays, UVA (long wave, or black light) and UVB (medium wave). UVA rays penetrate deep into the skin. We have many advantages and disadvantages of UV rays. UVB exposure induces the production of Vitamin D in the skin as well as it has antiseptic properties. Too little UVB radiation leads to a lack of Vitamin D and too much UVB radiation leads to direct DNA damage, sunburn, and skin cancer. Both UVA and UVB destroy Vitamin A in skin. They can damage collagen fibers and thereby accelerate aging of the skin.
We can define the sun damaged skin as the skin type which is quickly and highly effected by sun radiations.
Here we have some tips and treatments for sun damaged skin …
- Determination of skin:-
- Easy tips for Sun Damaged Skin:-
- Cleansing of skin:-
Your skin type is determined by its sensitivity, redness, rashes, dry and red spots and cracks. It is advisable to use sun block lotion/cream when you want to move outside. Drink pure fruit juices and maximum amount of water to keep your skin fresh, moist and less dehydrated.
Easy tips for Sun Damaged Skin:-
- Daily use of Aloe Vera keep your skin moist and fresh. Aloe Vera has abilities of soothing, healing, and moisturizing. It also helps to remove dead skin cells. Apply Aloe Vera on affected areas. It is very helpful for those who have sun damaged skin.
- Eat nutritious food because it helps to heal up the skin.
- Daily eat those fruits in which Vitamin C and Vitamin E are found in large quantity because they plays important role as an antioxidant. Vitamin C protects body tissue from the damage of oxidation.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin in well hydrated condition.
Cleansing of skin:-
- Daily use the mixture of glycerin and rose-syrup twice a day to cleanse your skin.
- Use Vitamin E oil with a drop of lemon juice and a drop of glycerin. Mix them well and apply to your face. After 20 minutes wash you face with cold water.
- Take 1/2 tsp almond oil, 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp rose-syrup. Mix them gently and apply to your face. After 15 minutes wash your face with cold water.
- Use grapefruit, honey and yogurt, mix them and apply to your face. It cleanse your skin naturally.
- Stay out of the sun because it is responsible for most of the damage done to your skin.
- Avoid alcohol based cleansers.
- Do not use very hot water for washing your face and also for bathing.
- Avoid the use of harsh soaps or cleansers.