Our feet pick up the whole weight of our body and helps us to move from one place to another, so it is the foundation of our body. If the foundation is strong, healthy and beautiful then it will give a prettier impact to the whole body. So we should take care of our feet by spending some time on pedicure. It’s a cosmetic treatment of the feet, as removal of corns and trimming of toenails, performed at home or in a salon.
Now the question arises that how can we do it easily at home???
Things you’ll need:
Following instruments/things are required for self pedicure:
- Nail polish remover
- Warm water
- Cuticle oil or olive oil
- Nail file
- Nail cutter
- Pumice stone
- Nail polish
- Cotton swab
- Orange stick
- Bath salts
- Firstly remove the nail polish that was previously applied to your nails with the help of nail polish remover.
- If you need to trim the nails or cuticles, soak your feet in plain warm water.
- Now gently trim cuticles.
- After this file your nails to desired shape but remember file your nails only in one direction.
- Now wash your feet with a gentle cleanser for 3-4 minutes.
- Use a pumice stone to soften the soles and heels of your feet.
- Once you finish this, wipe your feet with a towel and follow up with your favorite moisturizer.
- Apply the nail polish and when it dries apply the second coat of nail polish.
- Finally finish your pedicure by applying a top coat of nail polish and let it dry for additional 20 minutes.
Here I also share a video for your convenience:
Tips to have beautiful feet:
- Always keep your feet clean.
- Moisturize your feet daily with suitable moisturizer.
- Soak your feet in warm water once a week.
- Choose comfortable shoes and avoid high heels.
- Avoid the excess use of nail polish remover because it contains very harsh chemicals that can damage your nails and cuticles.
- Avoid over soaking, it may dry the skin, damage your nails, and hurt the cuticles.
- Never over push or over trim the cuticles, it cause nail problems.
- Avoid cutting nails too short.