Everyone desires a good healthy skin around the year. Our skin gets dry, flaky and rough during winters. The reasons are dry weather and dry air. The people residing in cold areas suffer a lot. Our skin especially face, lips, hands and feet gets flaky in winter season. Our skin faces dehydration problem a lot as we drink less water and fresh juices.
Dry air and hot bath results in dry skin. In such situation our skin gets thirsty, so it needs proper moisturizing and care.
Tips for Skin Care during Cold Weather:
- The major problem which our skin faces during winter is dehydration and loss of moisture in our skin. Drink a lot of water and fresh juices to hydrate your skin and maintain moisture in it.
- Mixture of olive oil and honey is very effective for dry lips in winter. Chap stick is also good for dry lips.
- Use oil based moisturizer especially of almond oil. Use moisturizer frequently after every shower and face wash.
- Pre-bath oil massage of body is good for skin in winter season.
- Use milky cleanser daily to moisturize your skin properly.
- Use petroleum jelly on dry areas of skin.
- Use Luke warm water for shower and use towel dry after every bath.
- Use a light scrub for exfoliation because our skin becomes dry and lifeless in winter. The skin becomes dead, it really needs exfoliation.
- Use moisturizing lotion after washing your hands. Our hand skin is extremely thin it will help in locking moisture in hand skin.
- Use a humidifier in your home so that there will be enough moisture in air and moisture can be locked in your skin.
- Go for oil bath. A few drops of almond oil used in bath will wonder you a lot.
- Only use moisturizing facial masks in winter.
- Apply sunscreen before thirty minutes going outside because sun rays are still harmful for skin in winters.
- Use creamy facial cleanser to remove the makeup.
- Use hat as it protect your scalp from dry air.
- Use gloves as it protect your hands from dry and cold weather.
One should use fresh juices and water in winter to make skin moisturizing as it needs special care in dry cold weather. So follow these preventive measures to make your skin moisturizing and enjoy the cold weather without fear of dry skin.
Avoid the following things to have fresh, flossy and beautiful skin in winter;
- Do not use such skin & hair products which contain alcoholic content.
- Avoid heavy use of sunscreen in winter.
- Avoid excess use of facial masks in winter as they make our skin dry.
- Do not use alkaline soap, as they cause dryness and rashness on skin.
- Avoid hair blowing as its heat damages your scalp and dry air adds more problems to it.
- Do not go for hot shower though it is enjoyable but it causes severe dryness and dullness in our skin.